Hi there,
Well here I am, I've just finished University, and the sudden realisation that I literally have nothing at this moment in time, no job, no income, no experience... Right so Here I am thinking what to do with my life right now, I have a teaching PGCE lined up so at least i'm not completely lost, but being completely honest I would much rather go out into industry and start using my skills in animation learned over 3 long years and start earning money for what I really enjoy doing, and don't consider it as "work"..
So here I am starting this blog, getting into the big blob that is social media to help get my name out there, starting doing work just anything, So my ultimate aim with this blog is to get creative people to see my work, see what I can do and just ultimately get into industry.
Now my aim is to update this blog at least every week, maybe on a friday, but my hope is to get a new piece of my work to upload with this blog to not only provide a talking point for the blog post but also just to keep me doing what I love and provide more motivation doing it. Because even though I truly enjopy animation and it really is my passion, I am such a lazy fuck, not that I do a bad job, but my god it took me 17 years to get out of 2nd gear, and I wish to god that was an exaggeration, so you could say old habits die hard. But you know its not all procrastination and playstation with me, I worked at a school teaching while doing my last year at university, so I have some drive in me when I do get my arse in gear.
Please don't be discouraged by my perpetual laziness, I do a good job and although at this stage in my career it my not be disney quality just yet I work incredibly hard and also do my best, and I suppose that is all you can really ask for of anyone.
So this post I finished my short film a couple of weeks ago and I am happy with the result of it, it's a nice finished piece of animation, with a very distinct aesthetic. I'm proud of what I achieved with it, as it is my first film and I believe your worst, especially as it is a student film and to me it really looks like a student film, but again I can't complain I worked hard on it and I'm proud of how it turned out.
https://vimeo.com/96896473
However This post isn't meant to be a reflection on any piece of work, I am simply getting started and hopefully I can get a couple of views and maybe some comments on what to talk about next? anyway I haven't really defined the direction for this blog as of yet, I know it will be animation based, and also a place to showcase some of my work too, but beyond that the possibilities are endless so yeah perhaps some input will be needed on that part, but I suppose i'll take a wait and see approach for now.
So here i'd like to talk a bit more about me, kind of like a diary thing, so as of right now, I have nothing on the cards, I wouldn't dare think about sending my showreel off to anyone as it wouldn't live longer than the amount of time it takes to click the vimeo link and click back again. So I have been working on things for it but again everything is about half finished and again that is the laziness of me as I did actually have a plan/schedule, so by this point in time I was to be finished with my first 3D character animation, finished of my spash and fire loop 2D effects and done at least one 11 second club... where I actually am is maybe halway through doing my first 3D character animation, and maybe a third of the way done with my fire and splash.... So as you may have guessed need a good kick up the bum to get going.
And yes I know creating this blog is procrastination but it's a good form of procrastination as hopefully a couple of people will see this blog and mayeb they like it and maybe they tell there friends about it or maybe even share it, **hint, hint, nudge, nudge**. but again I am painfully aware that the animation in this is sort of quality needed to get out there, and even by my own standards is not the best animation I can do, but it's a good starting point, especially for me having never made a complete animation film before.
I hope you've enjoyed reading this, hopefully next week I'll have some better animation to show, and maybe a nice drawing too
No comments:
Post a Comment