Thursday, 7 August 2014

ermmmm I swear I didn't forget about my blog... *shuffles uncomfortably*

Right sooo, I have been meaning to carry on blogging regularly but life sometimes has a habit of getting in the way unfortunately.... However I do have a showreel which has gotten 2 agencies wanting me to get freelance animation work, none so far so my faith in them isn't the highest at the minute, although I assume you've heard of "Creative Recruitment" they didn't seem that bothered so not sure whats up with them... The other sounds more promising called "Trigger Creatives" they seem much more thrilled and i'm not sure if they've seen work of my calibre because they seem to be drooling over me, not sure what message that send to me but still can't look a gift horse in the face so the saying goes. They do however seem to be very late replying to all my questions I had and so are either incompetent, have so many emails sent to them that it takes a week before you get a reply, or they just don't read the emails regularly, either of those 3 don't fill me with hope either, however it is taking a lot of the work of looking for work out of the equation however I am still doing that too which again makes it like I have 2 jobs when i'm not actually employed or earning anyting from them....

I have also been in contact with a company about working for them on a temporary basis which by december can lead to permanent employment, which again is a very good oportunity, and in fact is my number 1 choice at the minute, this is the job i've been craving, and it sounds very interesting working on stuff for the royal navy, I have my fingers crossed for that one.

anyway back to why I assume at least a couple of people read this, my work, I have a working showreel which has enabled me to get all of this interest, which again, what I already knew, if I do some work and compile a showreel it'll get me noticed and possibly a job in turn, but i've done the work now and am thus enjoying the rewards of doing so, however I have now needing to be working harder than ever to keep improving my showreel, I think once I get some character stuff going i'll be more pleased as that's the area I'd like to be able to be a part of, although I really enjoy effects animation too, so thats two fields I can do, I just need to decide on one because it's almost impossible to specialise in 2 disciplines, but alas this is for the future to decide, one thing though, I would love to do something in games one day, that would be very cool.

anyway, heres the link to my showreel the thing thats going to get the attention in this. Please enjoy and if you think of anything wrong with it, or anything right I would really appreciate feedback on it


No comments:

Post a Comment