Saturday, 21 June 2014

When it rains, it pours!

So finally after 3 long weeks I have finally been creative!! over the past 4 days I have done 5 pieces of animation and 3 pieces of illustration/ art!! now my last post was quite angry as I was very frustrated about not being able to do any work, but now I've hit the ground running and nothings going to stop me now!

https://vimeo.com/98537774 - Particle Ring

now this bit of animation is a particle ring, unfortunately the stock particle system in After Effects is a little lackluster so it isn't the best piece of partice effects animation, but the process behind it now means I can apply it to almost anything, and because I now know how to control particles in After Effects the possibilities are endless for it. Although I am looking into getting Trapcode Particular as that is 100x better for particle effects and as soon as the clients start coming I can get it and it's a knock on effect, my work will get better and therefore will attract more clients and then my work will get even better etc... Now I'm fairly happy with how this turned out, It's a nice effect, it sort of reminds me of the O2 adverts at the end.

https://vimeo.com/98548224 - Audio React Ring, Music Video

Now this is a music video I made, applying the same principles for the Particle Circle above, but with a pre-rendered particle effects made from Trapcode Particular, so the particles look much better, but because the pre-render was only 30 seconds, and I was lazy and just time stretched it instead of stitching the pre-renders together the particles are very slow and it looks a bit ugly for that reason, however the proof of concept is very solid and i'm sure it will get some people interested in doing something similar once I've updated it so that the pre-rendered particles run smoothly.

https://vimeo.com/98553996 - Showreel Intro/ Outro 1

I made this for my Showreel intro, however the showreel is still a work in progress, but it's a really cool effect and it reminds me of like an apple keynote screen or something of the like, which is no bad thing really! I think it's probably a little bit short and needs my contact details on it but other that that I think it looks really cool, and i'm definitely going to be using it for me showreel intro.

https://vimeo.com/98756043 - Showreel Intro/ Outro 2

Now I was thinking about using this for my Showreel outro, however, I know it is much better to keep things in a certain style, so whichever one I choose the lighter more apple looking one will have to be both Intro and Outro, or this one, which is a little darker on the screen and also a lot simpler, I know that it's meant to be simple as anyone who looks at the showreel won't really care what the intro and outro are as long as it's clear, so I think I will probably be using the apple looking one as there is more effort into it, and I think it is the nicer looking one also.

https://vimeo.com/98797174 - Light Streak

This is a nice light streak, The lens flare is again a bit lackluster due to the stock lens flare in After Effects is very basic, but again the effect is very nice and very professional. I feel that if I had access to some flare plugins it would make the world of difference and again would just boost the quality to that next level, however as it stands, I feel that this is fine for what it is and would work well in music video's and other things of the like

 Right so this is A cool banner type thing, I really like how new and edgy it kinda looks, I like the sharp edges from the diamonds, and also the blury text adds depth and dynamism to the composition. I like the negative space around it as it forces the eye to the colours behind the text which is what you want the viewer to do.
 This is the back of a badge template I made I think it looks really cool, and it would work as an actual badge template so that you can see what the back of a badge would look like, but also on things like leaflets, brochures etc..
This is the front of the badge, I think it looks really like how a badge would look like in real life, this is just a template so any design, logo or graphic can be put on it and it's really quick and easy to see how, if it is to be made into a badge, would look like in real life.

No comments:

Post a Comment